HOA Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Do I need approval to make changes to my home/ how do I get approval to make changes to my home?

A: All changes to the outside of your home need approval. Request forms are available on each community’s web page and must be submitted for written approval prior to any work being done.

Q: Do I need a building permit from the City before beginning work? If I have a permit do I still need HOA approval?

A: In most cases, the answer is YES. Please contact the City for information regarding permits and how to obtain them. Even if you obtain a permit from the City, you still are required to get prior written approval from the HOA.

Q: How do I dispose of hazardous materials?

A: All hazardous materials need to be disposed of properly. For information as to what materials are hazardous and where to take them, please contact your City or County.

Q: What options exist for paying my dues?

A: Payment options include: automatic draft, check, your online bill pay service, or online with the HOA’s bank. Drafts are typically done on the 5th day of each month or quarter (depending on how your association charges dues).

Checks and online bill payments should be sent to:
Your HOA, c/o Lambeth Management, PO Box 1438, Commerce, GA 30529

PLEASE visit the “Making Payment” tab at the top

Q: What is the difference between a condo and a townhouse?

A: Condo unit owners own the inside of their units. Townhouse owners own the complete unit, including exterior surfaces and the land on which the unit is built.

Q: Who is responsible for maintaining my condo or townhouse?

A: Owners are responsible for maintaining the interior of their units; and townhouse owners may also be required to maintain their doors, windows, and the crawl space under their units. The homeowners’ association is typically responsible for maintaining all common areas and the exterior of the buildings. For specific items on your unit please see your association handbook, maintenance responsibility list or contact Lambeth Management.

Q: Can my homeowners dues be increased?

A: Yes. The common expenses of your development by include grounds’ upkeep, building maintenance, insurance premiums, property taxes and management fees. When these expenses go up, the cost is usually passed on to the property owners in the form of increased dues and assessments. The legal authority to increase dues and to assess homeowners should be set forth in the governing documents for your association.

Q: Can an owner avoid paying assessments for the common expense of the property?

A: No. All owners must pay their share of common expenses.

Q: What happens if I do not abide by the restrictive covenants, bylaws, or rules and regulations?

A: An Owner or the association may seek relief in court against another owner who violates the association’s covenants, bylaws, rules or regulations. In addition, owners may be subject to fines imposed by the association in accordance with the Planned Community Act or the Condominium Act. These Acts give associations fining authority over the owners.